Search Article Library
Outdoor Restaurant Furniture Fabrics and Maintenance
Woven Nylon, Resin, and Performance Weave (HDPE)
- Woven Nylon, Resin, and Performance Weave are made of HDPE, high-density polyethylene, which is a recycled plastic that provides a durable and attractive alternative to wood.
- HDPE will not rot, peel, blister or weather.
- It is naturally stain resistant and cleans with soap and water.
- GAR adds ultra-violet stabilized coloring agents during formulation, so the HDPE never needs painting and resists fading.
- HDPE is made of 90 percent recycled milk and juice containers. Instead of sending these petroleum-based “Number 2” plastics to the landfill, GAR reuses them in high-quality furniture that will last a lifetime.
Clean the HDPE Weave with mild soap and water, hose to rinse.
- Contents: 100% Solution Dyed Acrylic
- Weight: Approximately 8.0 ounces per sq. yard
- Flammability: Meets California Technical Bulletin #117 Sec E (CS-191-53)
- Classification: 1 Norman Flamability
- Solution dyed to give excellent fade and weather resistance
- Made from 100% dyed acrylic fiber which is thermoplastic. Do not subject to excessive heat. When Sunbrella® fabric is stored, it should be cleaned, allowed to dry and stored in a dry, well ventiliated area
Sunbrella® Textile Care and Cleaning
Performance moisture-resistant fabrics are extremely easy to keep clean and beautiful. Proper maintenance; vacuuming regularly and rotating seat cushions frequently, keeps your furniture looking good and promotes long fabric life.
General Cleaning Methods:
Brush off dirt before it becomes imbedded in the fabric, wipe up spills as soon as they occur, and spot-clean by sponging cushions with mild soap and warm water.
Soak fabric in a solution of ¼-cup mild soap per gallon of lukewarm water. Use a sponge or a soft bristle brush as necessary. Rinse thoroughly with clean water. Hang and allow to air-dry. These fabrics usually air-dry very quickly.
Remove cushions from cushion covers. Machine-wash fabric in cold water with mild laundry soap, or use 7 parts bleach to 3 parts cold water, hang and allow to air-dry.
Spot-cleaning Upholstered Pieces:
Apply a light mist of mild soap and water using a spray bottle. Remove the stain with a sponge or a very soft bristle brush. Rinse with clean water and air-dry, blotting or wet-vacuuming excess water. Repeat until all soap residue is removed.
Call 610-994-1686 to speak with our representatives to discuss your project and help you identify the colors, stock, lead time, and budget to best fit your needs, or click Outdoor Restaurant Seating to shop at our site and read relevant articles.
Outdoor Restaurant Seating offers the best value in indoor and outdoor commercial furniture including chairs, tables, barstools, sectionals, and accessories for restaurants, cafes, social clubs, and other organizations that offer dining experiences. Restaurant owners and managers depend on us to maximize space utilization, outdoor conditions, and high quality furniture to deliver comfortable accommodations for patrons and - most importantly - the best return on investment. If you are interested in our synthetic teak outdoor furniture, visit our other site: Synthetic Teak Furniture.