Restaurant owners like other small businesses need to make small improvements to keep clients comfortable and happy...and do so on a small budget. Here are 20 ideas for any shoestring budget to renovate an existing or start-up restaurant economically.
1. Give your restaurant a whole new look without the disruption and at the fraction of the cost of major renovation by upgrading tables & chairs.
2. Changing table sizes can give the dining room more flexibility and use 2- 24x30 vs. 1-30x48.
3. Changing dinnerware to oversized plates. Are table sizes sufficient to handle?
4. More seats = more revenue. Expand dining area with outdoor furniture.
5. Make chairs to fit cliental; i.ei chairs for seniors.
6. Flip top table bases ease of chaining up outdoor tables also storage in winter.
7. Stacking outdoor chairs and barstools same as #6.
8. Use of bar height tables for dining.
9. Consider type of flooring to prevent glide issues.
10. Economics of resin tops with the look of wood.
11. Benefits of types of upholstery, i.e. vinyl, Cryptons.
12. Comfort of seating in regards to planned turns.
13. Coordinate colors vs. matching colors, mixing wood colors for more interest.
14. Treat different parts of dining room like separate areas that don't necessarily match but talk to each other (watching too much HGTV)
15. Comfortable customers come back.
16. Remember to periodically tighten hardware on wooden stools and chairs
17. Outdoor diners are like a billboard for your restaurant
18. Make sure that all upholstery foam meets fire regulations, especially in California.
19. Metal outdoor furniture won't blow away like plastic.
20. Ask about shipping and delivery options
If you have additional questions or comments, please email or call our restaurant design team of experts. All design consultations are included with your furniture purchases. We can give you ideas on how to maximize space, work flow, efficiency, table turnover and dining comfort and experience.